Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shrimp, walnuts, and honeydew.....

I have a culinary boner right now...... if you watch Top Chef, you will understand that.

So its getting really hot outside and the kids have outgrown their summer clothes so we darted up to Tri's today to buy them some. Our first stop though was Sonic, because I am incapable of going up there and NOT lugging around a Rt 44 Cherry Lime-ade all day. And I decided to try those little Mac and Cheese snacks. OMG! Have you tried these? They are great!! I was a little sketchy of them, I mean come on, deep fried Mac and Cheese? Wierd. But really, they are delish!!

Last time I was at Costco I spotted a bunch of clothes, so that is where we started. Swim suits, swim shorts, 4 cases of water, juice, lotion, sun block, etc, and dropped $140.00 there!! Spent another $80.00 at Target.

Tri's has a new P.F. Changs and it has become Dennis and I's favorite spot to eat dinner. We had a 3:30 reservation (because its so new, you NEED a reservation so you can get in) but we were so hungry at 2:00 we decided to see if we could get in. It was suprisingly dead and we got right in. This place has the greatest service of any restaurant. So anyway, since we love this place so much we want to try like everything on the menu. My friend told me about this great dish that is Shrimp with candied walnuts and honeydew melon. I thought it sounded wierd but I still wanted to try it. So we got the lettuce wraps as an appetizer, and those are the bomb! Then for entrees we got the orange peel beef, and the above mentioned shrimp dish. That shrimp dish was probably about the best thing I have ever tasted in my life. I never thought something like that could taste so good, and Dennis agrees, he absolutely loved it. And now, my friends, I have a culinary boner!! ..... and lots of leftovers. Eat at P.F. Changs people!!!!

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

you crack me up bff! sorry i missed the boner...one of these days i'll be there :)

and ufc...is ON...as long as you really want me there ;)

miss ya TONS