Sunday, May 4, 2008

Change...

Today I felt a desperate need for change.

The bakers rack in my dining room had become a huge eyesore, and a catch-all. I have been thinking about getting rid of it for a long time, and my dear friend Cindy has been expressing some interest into taking it off my hands. So anyway, today I got the urge to empty it all out and shove it half way into my trunk and drive the 2 blocks over to Cindy's and drop it off. It really was funny that I got it in my car, but I am so glad that it is gone!

My dining room looks so different, I moved the small kids table over to where the bakers rack was and turned that into a little study/homework table. All it took was the little desk organizer that I won at yesterday's crop, and a $.50 lamp that I bought at a yard sale a few weeks ago.

To add even more room to the space I took the leaf out of the big table, since we dont need a table that big. I also hung the new sign that I bought yesterday at Craft Warehouse with my 40% off ticket. Yay!!!

I cant wait to paint this space, and I am thinking that this coming weekend is looking good for doing that. But we'll see.

On to other things, I have gotta say that the crop yesterday was soooo much fun!!!! I was able to get 4 layouts done. And I think I ate a cupcake for each layout completed. oooops! It was really nice to hang out with the cool girls all day. We definitely had the most fun at the crop. We got our own little room with 4 other rowdy ladies and just had a blast!! They brought a laptop and played chick flicks on it all day. Got to watch Sweet Home Alabama, and How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, two of my faves!!!! The lime-ade at Sonic was excellent as always, and the taco bar at the crop was delish!! It was a perfect National Scrapbook Day!!!

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

sad that i cant have the bakers rack but really...it makes MUCH more sense at cindys so i need to suck it up!! cant wait to see what your new dining room looks like :)