Sunday, May 25, 2008

My weekend so far

I gotta say, so far it has been great. I have been super motivated to do stuff. Cleaning, laundry, planting flowers, playing games with the kids, cooking, etc. It has been just an awesome time for family. When Dennis told me about all the people he had invited over last night, I was a little grouchy about it. But everything worked out great. We barbequed last night, sat outside all night and chatted. The kids all rode bikes and played outside until after dark (i loved doing that when I was a kid), the guys watched the fight, and the girls drank Pear Vodka and chilled in the yard. It was just so relaxing, and good food too!!

Today I have been doing some laundry, played some Uno Attack together as a family, then Dennnis took us to Kopacz Nursery to get some flowers for the yard pots. I am not done planting yet, but the lawn guy showed up right when I was about to plant my mint, so I had to get out of his way and come inside. Yesterday we went to some yard sales and I got this adorable little bench/table thing for the front of the house for $5.00!!! It has a lid that opens up and I can put my little garden tools, and the bbq tools in it. Our poor bbq, that old charcoal thing is going on its 4th summer. I really need to think about getting Den a new one for father's day.

Its a gorgeous day out....... peace!

2 comments:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

It has been a great weekend. We also had a BBQ last night and enjoyed the great outdoors after dinner out on the patio.

Carrie K said...

that sounds so nice.

would you like to come be productive on my house??

:)