Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hump day

Today's Tea: Bigelow's Sweet Dreams

Happy "hump day" all!

I am not sure I have anything really exciting to talk about.

My phone broke. Well, it's not even my phone. Its a loaner phone, that I am using while I am waiting for my own phone to be replaced. Now the loaner is broken. I knew that the power button didnt work. It hasnt worked since about day 2 (i've had it for 3 weeks), but I didnt think anything of it, since it was ON. Well tonight I was messing around with it, why? I'll never know. But I slid the battery cover off, and noticed some oil on it. There was oil on the back of the battery cover, and on the phone itself. Hmmm, wierd, I rubbed it off, and figured it would be fine. But then something inside of me thought to remove the battery from the phone (i guess to make sure there was no oil inside the phone, even though the oil was obviously not hindering the phone's ability to operate properly), and you know the old saying "don't fix it if it's not broken." Well, there you have it. As soon and I checked the inside and found no oil, I proudly replaced the back cover and pushed the power button down when suddenly I thought OH SHIT!!! I knew I was screwed. So, I popped some other pieces off of the phone, thinking I could somehow get the power button to engage and make contact long enough to power the thing on. No dice. So, here I am, phoneless, for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. *sigh*

So, what does one do without a phone? I pouted for a little while. Then I panicked. Then I pouted some more. But mostly panicked. What if there is an emergency and no one can reach me. Ok, I dont want to think about that. Anyway, what did I do?......

I read a book! Yea, can you believe it? I "read" now! Carrie loaned me this book, I don't know, a year ago? And on Monday night I started reading it. It's called "Notes from the Backseat" and I know what you are thinking? But its not even about that at all. Imagine the last time you went on a road trip and got stuck in the backseat. It's a really cute book. I am about 1/2 way through it. I am sure I could read the whole thing in one night, but I am just taking my time. I already can't wait to read other books.

Well, that's all. Tea is kicking in.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

you and your phone problems girl!! LOL!! Glad to know you can read when you are forced into it :)

Lisa said...

I realize it's way past 'hump day'now- and here's to hoping that by now, you're holding a super DUPER new phone in your hand ;)

lovin' the tea time, by the way! (and yes, TOTAL sign from starbucks).