Sunday, January 25, 2009

Domestic stuff (boring)

I was a Domestic Diva this weekend.

I got a lot of household chores done this weekend. I've been trying to fold and put away my clothes as soon as they are clean. It's working out quite well. Cindy came over and busted me with a load of laundry in the recliner, and I felt so guilty about it that I put it away as soon as she left. It had only been there a little while, because I was cooking dinner, but anyway, it got done, and that's what matters.

I made a good dinner tonight. It was Indian night in our house. I made this, inspire by this. Chicken Tikka Masala is the first Indian food I ever tried. I used to eat it all the time when I lived in Salem. I never thought to try cooking it myself, until I saw it on that blog. I read the recipe and thought it sounded easy enough, and it was. It was not exactly like India Palace, but everyone liked it. I wonder if there are different kinds of cumin, because I could really taste the cumin, which made it taste more Mexican than Indian. Oh, and when dinner was done, I put the food away, and did the dishes. :)

I have been thinking a lot this week about all of the stuff I have been able to give up easily. Smoking is supposed to be one of the hardest things to quit ever. I quit cold turkey with no withdrawls, shakes, headaches, freak-outs, etc. I gained weight unfortunately, but I have never really missed smoking, and I dont want to do it again. Caffeine... I drink coffee everyday at work. It wasn't something that I ever planned to get addicted to, but I started "needing" it and went from drinking one cup a day, to drinking it all morning long with flavored creamer. Last week, I started feeling really crappy and anxious, and I decided to give up caffeine. Piece of cake. I went the whole week, didnt even miss it. No headaches. Nothing. I drank hot tea (de-caf) instead and I was fine. Caffeine is supposed to be hard to quit. Hmmm, it wasnt for me. So, I have given up two of the hardest things to give up known to man. But, there is one thing that I cannot seem to give up..... sugary crappy food. How can I go days, weeks, without nicotine and caffeine, but can't even make it half a day without eating something junky. So strange. So, that's what I have been thinking about lately.

Guess what else? I'm tired of the way other people do things. It drives me crazy. My way is the right way. Its the way my mom taught me and it works, got it? So, when I suggest something that may work better than the way you are doing it, hmmmm, it just may!!

LOL, sorry, just had to throw that out there.

Oh, and I am drinking peppermint tea now, and watching Philosophy on QVC. I want to buy everything. HELP!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

1. can you come to my house and domesticate it, pretty pllllllllllllllllllllllllllease?

2. you rock for quitting caffeine.

3. you rock even more for quitting smoking (i am so proud of you).

4. every time i see philosophy on qvc, i remember you telling me how it's 'not that great'. tell me you were lying!!! (i'm dying to buy some). lol.