Friday, November 7, 2008

Wondering if I am going to be able to run....

Some of you already know, but I have been talking a lot about trying to start running. Kristi recommended following the couch 2 5K plan, so I checked it out. I am very intrigued by the whole thing. I have a treadmill that needs using. If I stick to the plan, I could be able to run 3 miles without stopping. It might take as little as 9 weeks. I wanted to start last month, but I have a bad pain in my heel that I didnt want to make worse by running. I made a dr's appt to have the pain checked out. Since I made the appt 2 weeks ago, more pains showed up. My right foot has the heel pain, my left foot now has ankle pain and pain on the top of my foot (like in the bones). I have also developed some knee pain. I'm falling apart, I know.

Anywhoo, fast forward to today. I went to the dr. A regular dr since my insurance is jacked up and wont let me see a pediatrist unless I am referred by a MD. So, turns out I most likely have a heel spur (right foot) and tarsalitis (sp?) in my left foot. I don't know if I am going to be able to run. Apparantly running is really hard on your body. Especially the leg joints like ankles, knees, and hips. I don't know when my appt with the pediatrist is going to be, waiting for a phone call. If I can't run, I dont know what I will do. I have really been sold on the idea of being able to acheive this goal before my 30th birthday, at the beginning of March.

So, for now, I will just get some foot massages, and eat cream puffs.

1 comment:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

I hope all goes well with the Dr. I am also wanting to help you with that goal I think we can do it together. Hopefully once you know whats wrong it all can be fixed.