Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bummed

What I thought was going to be a great holiday is getting worse and worse. My mom had to cancel our dinner on Saturday because her father in law died, so they have to go to California for the funeral this weekend. I completely understand, but I was looking forward to seeing my mom, so I am bummed.

I called my grandma tonight to find out what time our dinner is on Friday and she informed me that my dad had called and said he wasnt coming. I guess he had some home repair emergencies come up this month, so now they can't afford to come down. I tried to call him to get the whole story, but I had to leave a message. I'm still going to my grandma's but it's not going to be the same w/o my dad there, so I am bummed.

I'm nervous about the holiday. My weight has really been affecting me lately. Everywhere that I am going to be this weekend, I will be the largest one there. I'm so embarassed and disappointed in myself. I really want to hammer down and do what I need to do to change, but I can't do that 2 days before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the whole year. I hope that by thursday, I can put the weight thing behind me and try to just have a good time with family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that there is MORE to you than a number on a scale Amy. You are a beautiful, funny person, who seems to be very much loved by family and friends. My advice to you, pretty girl, it to love yourself right now, exactly the way you are. If you can't do that then you will always be chasing after something to change about yourself, no matter how thin you get. So what if you are going to a place where everyone is thinner than you. I bet every single one of those girls has some imperfection with their body that they are self conscious about. Hang your head high and stop beating yourself up. Keep excercising but do it because it makes you feel better. Change your mindset and you will find your goals will be within your reach. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I really understand. Hang in there. When I get down I have to remind myself to keep a Positive Mental Attitude. I have been struggling with how I feel about myself too. Enjoy the holiday. What helps me get out of myself and feel so much better about me is by doing something for others. The holidays are a great time for that. "Be a blessing to somebody else." You already are a blessing to me.

Lisa said...

Wow, whomever posted before this hit the nail on the head(s). I'd like to formally ditto everything already mentioned. :)

You are so beautiful Amy. I'm so sorry about your mom and dad not being with you for Thanksgiving but that will make Christmas extra specia, right? Wear your favorite scarf and enjoy yourself. There's plenty of time to get back on the tred. For now, just try and get in the holiday mood. ((((Hugs))))

ps- you are ALWAYS welcome to join our table. :)