Monday, January 21, 2008

Word Wagon

Most of the folks in the scrapping biz do this thing every year and its to have a word of the year.
Ali Edwards might have been the one that started this whole thing, but I have known some people to do it in the past, and now its my turn.

Carrie's word is BRAVE, and she is going to work on her bravery issue all year.
Stacy's word is SUCCESS, as she works to succeed in reaching her goals.

I wanted a cool word, and I kind of tossed around the idea of having "execute" be my word. Which I really liked, and it has a lot of meaning in the way I live my life. But, it just sounded so boring you know? I wanted something to better fit my personality and where I wanted to be by the end of 2008.

So the word I chose was.......SPARKLE!!!!

As you can see, my blog is titled "sparkle" and what this means to me is that ultimately I want everything around me to just sparkle and shine.
This is going to include, my house and keeping it clean and working on stuff that needs fixed.
It is going to include my car, my job, my hobby, my credit score ( he he ), and most of all, myself!
It seems that I have really lost touch with my self image, I have been struggling with the weight thing for some time now, and not only do I want to improve my weight but I need to get some of that youthfulness and feminism back. Do you know that I really do love wearing makeup and jewelry, and skirts and cute shoes? I at one time in my 20's was smokin hot! And since 2008 is my last year being in my 20's I need to get that back. Its a good goal to reach for 2008, and also a good goal to reach before I turn 30.

2 comments:

Carrie K said...

You could not have picked a better word for you!!

I love your sparkliness now and cant wait to see you get even MORE sparkly...and smokin ;)

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

"Sparkle" is so you. The 4 of us will work together and help each other reach our goals for 2008!! We will all be winners :)