Monday, September 15, 2008

how do you like them apples.... or pears?

my good deals that I have gotten this weekend. My "stockpile" has started. The big thing this weekend was cereal! I want to share my list and what I spent because I think its so cool.

1st trip to Safeway:
3 boxes of cereal (cocoa puffs, trix, golden grahams)
3 boxes of hamburger helper
3 cases of water (24 bottles in each case)
3 bottles of Dial anti bacterial soap

Shelf Price: $41.40
Out of Pocket (which is what I actually paid): $18.36
Total Savings: $23.04 or 56%

Not too bad!

Check out my 2nd trip:

5 boxes of cereal (cocoa puffs, cinn toast crunch, and 3 cheerios)
2 Kraft Easy Mac
3 cases of water (24 ct/ea)
2 bags of Lays Potato Chips
3 cans of Progresso soups
2 McCormick seasonings
1 box of Glad Force Flex garbage bags (75 ct)
1 24 pack of Charmin Double Roll TP
1 bottle of Tide laundry detg (the 150 oz one with the spout!)
1 gallon of milk
1 magazine
2 loafs of french bread
2 beef roasts
3 lbs of seedless grapes
1 lb of asparagus
1 lb of sweet onions
2 lbs of bartlett pears
5 lbs of potatoes
6 boxes of raisins
2 containers of fresh raspberries
1 bag of baby carrots

That is quite the list!!! Especially considering that the laundry detg is usually around $20, even at Costco! The trash bags and TP are usually $10.00 or more.

Shelf Price: $174.04
Out of Pocket: $93.24
Total Savings: $80.80 or 46%

$93.00 might sound like a lot to some people. But consider this, I wont have to buy trash bags, toilet paper, or landry detg for a couple of months. Same with cereal since I have 8 un-opened boxes sitting here. The 6 cases of bottled water should last for a couple months also. Also consider the fact that I bought this all at Safeway!! Wow!

3 comments:

Dawna said...

Whoo Hoo! Nice shopping! I'm definitely in on The Grocery Game (signed up for my trial this week), so now we need a coupon train. Do you have a group together yet?

Lisa said...

alright...so now you've got my attention. i think i wanna....give the whole 'game' a try...

Jenn~ said...

This is some really interesting information. Unfortunately, we don't have a Safeway anywhere around here.