Wednesday, June 30, 2010

How about an update?

Yesterday was biopsy day.

Or more like, a wild ride on valium day.

It was a crazy kind of day. The kind that feels like a dream, all day long.

Get to that doctors office and into that damn biopsy room. High as a kite. Doctor and nurse asking me all sorts of questions that I couldnt think of the answers to.

Funny story, he asked me what kind of music I wanted to listen to, so he could turn on the radio. I knew in my head I wanted him to turn it to K-Love, but I couldnt remember what it was called (again.... valium) and I just sat there and stared and tried really hard to make my mouth say kaaaaaaay-loooooovvvvve. And guess what came out? "Country music!" I said I wanted to listen to country music!???!?!? which I never listen to. You should have seen the look on Den's face when I said that. So crazy.

So anyway, this was an ultrasound guided biopsy, so he had to locate the mass with the ultrasound, and to help him guide the needle in and take the chunk out. He ultrasounded for a while, and then said it....

"I dont see anything"

He couldnt find it. He searched and searched and there was nothing there.

So, in short. There was nothing for him to biopsy.

He has said from the beginning, that what the "lump" most likely is, is whats called a fibroadnoma. And they can commonly swell and shrink with our bodies hormone fluctuations. Just like our boobies can get swollen and tender at certain times of the month, abnormal breast tissue is affected as well. Fibroadnomas are the most swollen during the time of ovulation, and tend to shrivel down during our menstration. Well.... I had started my period that morning.

He decided to send me home, and I will come back in 3 months for a follow up ultrasound, just to make sure nothing in there has changed.

So..... good news?

Yes.

But...

(yes there is a but... )

I "feel" like I still dont have an "answer". A biopsy is a solid, concrete answer. cancer... yes or no.

A blip on an ultrasound, its not definite, its not 100%. Its probably 99%, and I am happy with that, dont get me wrong, but, see what I mean?

I'm happy I didnt cry.

There was no pain.

There were LOTS of blessings yesterday.

THANK YOU!!! for all of your prayers.

Prayers were answered yesterday. God is good.

1 comment:

Dawna said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray and praise the Lord!!! I am so happy to hear this news. As for the uncertainty... well, my theory is that nothing in this life is certain anyway. I was told I was fine and came very close to death (twice). My husband was told that I would not survive and neither would our baby, and we both did. Medicine is called a practice for a reason. There are no definites, so my advise is enjoy life as much as you can and recognize every day for the blessing it is. I've been practicing that since my little health crisis, and I'm happier than I've ever been. Blessings and love to you, my friend. And peace of mind! Love you!