Monday, June 9, 2008

Little MissUnderstood

I'm so tired of being miss-understood.
I am so tired of my words being twisted into something that I didnt say.
I am tired of everyone being pissed off at me all the time.
I am tired of my intentions being questioned.
I am so tired, that it is draining me, emotionally.

And what I dont get, is that the people that are getting pissed at me, know me well. They know me (or at least they should) well enough to know that I would never say something like that. I dont "intentionally" hurt people's feelings. Its just not my nature. I dont "intentionally" try to control things. I'm not a bad person.
Everything that I do, especially when it comes to my friends and family, is done with the best of intentions.

I am an easy going person. I don't get mad over stupid things. I was born with this voice, and with this face. A face that is often misunderstood for someone that doesn't give a damn. A tone of voice that is almost always mistaken for someone who is trying to be over bearing.

I have heard the expression "my way or the highway" and believe it or not, I don't live my life like that. I think everyone has bouts of this belief at one time or another. I have been known to be quite selfish at times, and I can admit that.

I am tired of clashing. Having to dispute and defend everything I say is not my idea of a good time.

Its got me so frustrated, I am considering becoming a mute!

Howcome when I am purposly trying to be a joker, or a smartass, no one cares. But when I do or say something with the deepest of sincerity it blows up in my face?

I spent most of last week and this weekend in a haze of whispers, and under the breath comments. I can't escape from it. I honestly don't know what is causing this. I dont know any other way to explain myself.

Do I need to take a college course in communications? Or do I just need a shrink?

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

you need to call your bff and talk it out...tonights my late night...we WILL talk!

love ya!