Sunday, August 10, 2008

one word....

To describe the weekend,
the food,
the weather,
MY FAMILY!!!

Amazing......

No doubt, I have an amazing family. We had an awesome time. My grandmother turned 70, she is without a doubt an awesome Grandma. I wish I would have taken more pics. But the weekend really was about her. So here she is with her birthday cake. The only 2 pics I took the whole weekend.




Isnt she beautiful? I just love her. And that is my studly uncle in the background.

Funny story about her cake, and my family's dry sense of humor. Apparently there was some "miscommunication" about my gram's b-day cake. My mom swears that my gram told her that she wanted take care of the cakes. But my aunt volunteered to take care of the cakes. My mom told my aunt that my gram wanted to do it. They both thought it was wierd but ok, my gram is really adament about certain things so they told her to go ahead with the cakes she wants. So fast forward to yesterday, my mom and aunt go down to pick up the cakes (one was for my step-dad and granpa that also have bdays this month). Anyway, they get to the store and take a look at my grams cake and what does it say??? "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!" They just look at each other like omg. So they bring home the cakes and look at my gram, she is just cracking up. My gram tells everyone that she "got stuck" ordering her own b-day cake, the lady asked her what she wanted it to say and so she said "Its MY bday cake, I want it to say happy birthday to me!" LOL. So to pay her back, they brought the cake out to my gram with the candles on it. Instead of putting a 70, which is how old she is, they put a 73!!! So for the rest of the day, we all joked around about her being 73.

2 comments:

Dawna said...

Too funny! Sounds like a great weekend.

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

that's funny! glad you had a good time with your family.