Sunday, February 28, 2010

weekend *sigh*

*sigh*..... what a great weekend!

Started off after a very.. long.. friday.. at work. But at 5pm sharp I locked those doors and my friend and I headed up to Tri-Cities for some much needed shopping therapy. And whoa, I spent a little too much. But it's all good. I got some new clothes for Dennis, Bubba, and Harley. I got a wierd sweater cardigan thing, and some loot from Bath and Body Works. I am totally hooked on Mango Mandarin!!! Had some dinner at Mongolian BBQ Grill (sans noodles), which was pretty good. I think I might venture back to Mongolian in a couple of weeks. Lots of veggies and meat, all cooked up, cant really go wrong there.

I had planned on going to get a pedicure on Saturday morning, but instead i watched QVC and bought the Today's Special Value. I convinced myself I could do my own pedi, and spend money on Philosphy skin care. We'll see. I have had the worst luck with skin care products this last year. But at least I can send it back if I dont like it.

I then went for a run at the walking park. I was doing so so so good. I was running for a good amount of time, and then I hit a swarm of gnats. It was sick, I kept going for a while, but there were more gnats, and more and more and more. My face was so wet and sweaty, they were sticking to me, and almost in my mouth and up my nose. I ran some more at the top of the trail. It was a great run, but I was so sore when I woke up this morning.

Mostly just cleaned house yesterday, went to the park with some friends and kids. Dennis and I watched Julie & Julia last night. Long movie, but I enjoyed it very much, but it made me think about how much I miss cooking and baking. It was just an all around nice and peaceful day. And how about that weather, folks?? Gorgeous!!!

Went to church early this morning, and that was great as always. Its good to see people I know there, and to be there with my whole family. Some friends of ours went today too. I hit up the grocery store before we came home, nice to get that all out of the way. I saved $50 shopping sales, and using coupons.

Oh! Back to the baking thing...Harley and I have been baking cookies on Sundays. She loves to help me in the kitchen. And since I cant eat any of it right now anyway, its easier for me to give her the control in there. She is loving it because I let her do pretty much everything. I'm not the one eating them, so its nice to "let go" of the control I have. I'm not picky about they way they look, or how long it takes her, etc. Last weekend she made snickerdoodles, and today she picked Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was a recipe she picked out of her kids cookbook. We use the cookies during the week for her sack lunches, and for an after dinner treat. She is getting more comfortable using all the measurements, and reading recipes. I think we have an awesome Sunday tradition going on here.

Today was another gorgeous day, so instead of the chicken tacos we had planned for dinner, Dennis BBQ'd us hamburgers for lunch. I discovered a way to make bread out of one of my Medifast soups, and its actually pretty good. So I made myself a little hamburger with my "bun." It was so awesome! You should have seen the grin on my face, I thought it was a "real" hamburger.

The diet is going really well. My weight loss is starting to show, and people are noticing. I get a little freaked out sometimes. Do I know how to be thin? Strange, I have been wanting this for so long, and now that its happening, I'm scared?
Ya, riddle me that one, batman.

I went for another "run" this afternoon. Whoa, I am so so so sore. I dread going pee, because it hurts so bad to lower myself down onto the toilet. Sorry if that is TMI, but for real. I'm hurting. I know this will get easier. But for now, I am just going to whine about mmmk?

Oh! and that pedicure I said I could give myself... guess who is going to do it for me?? Dennis! What a guy! He is going to paint my toes and massage my feet with lotion.

Love him. Love my family.

Love my weekends.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend Amy!!!