Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy and Sad

I am so happy at all of the joys in my life lately. I have had an exciting weekend full of Christmas baking and fun. But sad because I have no pictures to share.

Yesterday morning I woke up at 6:30am because I was so excited for the day ahead. My plan was to bake 5 different kinds of cookies and enjoy some hot cider. The early morning started out with the Pampered Chef consultant dropping off my goodies. Then I went to the store and got the rest of the baking supplies. I had the cider going, and the recipes all organized, and I grabbed my camera. No memory card, and the battery was dead. I couldnt find the card, or the charger, anywhere. I still cant.
:-(

I baked all day. My special friend came over and hung out with me. I made chocolate chip first. Then I made no-bake cookies. Then I made thumbprint cookies. I got the recipe for the thumbprint cookies from a blog, and I thought they looked fun to make. I made half of them with raspberry jam, and the other half with lemon curd. They didnt quite turn out like the picture. But the taste is good!!! After my friend left, I made another batch of no-bakes. Then I made the dough for the sugar cookies, and the chocolate crinkles. Both of those doughs had to refrigerate. I did manage to get the sugar cookies done last night, but was exhausted in bed and asleep at 10:00. This morning I finished the crinkles and assembled the plates.

Dennis, Harley, and I set out in the snow to deliver the goodies. Everyone was so excited. Cindy messaged me shortly after dropping hers off and said that her favorite was the thumbprints.

Today it snowed more, a lot!! We watched Home Alone this afternoon, then we went to Dennis's dad's house, then to Safeway to get some dinner stuff for the week. I didnt get to clip any coupons today because there were no Oregonians!! They havent made it over this way yet because of the weather.

I just got done making home made biscuits and gravy for dinner. I even made the biscuits from scratch!!! It was yummy and now we are all enjoying cookies and milk. Dennis is watching football, and I am going to try and get him to change the channel soon!!!

Peace.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVED THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS ONES!!!!!

yumOOO

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

all the cookies tasted wonderful!!thank you so much for them!