Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh boy.....

Alright, this is a pretty big step for me, this whole "sharing" thing. Honestly, this is freaking embarrassing. I am not really one to "air my dirty.... bathroom" but in order to show the drastic-ness, I have to show the before pics. And, ugh, its hard.

Yea, I took baths in here. The caulking always bothered me, and have always wanted to do something about it. But, I am a busy person, and believe it or not, it was easy to ignore.
 


 


One of my goals (even though technically this isn't MY house) is to get rid of all the wood grain in this house. I absolutely hate faux woodgrain. It's all over the place in these 80's mobile homes.
 

 
Posted by Picasa




I never really thought much of the sink. Its so crazy the things you get used to, even if they are totally beyond what is considered "normal."


One last peek of the overall bathroom lameness....



So...... without any further adieu..... My much improved bathroom situation:

It would have been great to just get a new tub, but we dont plan on living here forever. Any improvements we do to this place we call the "3 yr plan" just buying us a few years while we plan for owning a real house.
We did get all new knobs, and spout though.


And a new sink, with new faucet!








Bye bye wood grain. Painted cabinets with new hardware. I wanted glass knobs, but Dennis wanted handles. So we met in the middle with these.


New mirror (it looks gold, but its actually wood.... sshhhhh.)


So, I had a vision, and I gotta say, it turned out just like I wanted it to. Its clean and modern, with some vintage touches. I still have another mirror to hang, and paint that 3 tiered basket thing because right now its forest green and doesnt match a thing. I also need a new rug or two in there.

And there you have it. Next weekend: Laundry room!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my gosh! You guys did an awesome job on that bathroom. I can not beleive the transformation! I can tell you are no stranger to HGTV.

Way to go Amy and Dennis! Wanna do my bathroom next? :)

Crystal said...

oops...i really do know how to spell believe..... :)

Carrie K said...

dude...its amazing and even more so when you look at what you started with!! you two need your own diy show...for serious!

Lisa said...

Holy Smokes! What a trasformation. You have always been good at remodeling! I love the new look.

And kudos for taking the post plunge- for the record, we ALL love you despite where you bathe. And besides, it wasn't as bad as you think!!! :)

Can't wait to see the laudry room!