Sunday, March 23, 2008

Good things come in pink boxes....

And I'm not talking about Girl Scout cookies!!!

LOL. I FINALLY got to go to Voodoo Doougnuts!! in Portland. OMG!! It was a such a kick in the pants. It is literally a freaking hole in the wall. They have a TON of fresh baked donuts. Nicole and I both got just a basic maple bar (because they just looked good) to eat right then. And then we got a couple to bring home with us. They packaged them up in this awesome pink box for us. The folks at Voodoo know what they are doing, their donuts are amazing.......and a little wacky.............and a little......dirty...


 

So here is what was in the pink box......


 

Isnt that a riot??? That one you see there is called "cock and balls" and I am sure you can figure out why on your own. We cant wait to take it in to Dennis's dad's shop and see if he wants to share it with us. Its absolutely huge!

Today, despite the rain in Portland, was an awesome day. Did a little Saturday Market, and a little of 23rd, and we were on our way to the airport anyway, and had like 3 hours to kill before Nicole's had to take off so we went to IKEA!!! Both Dennis and I fell in love with IKEA. We both wanted to buy stuff: lamps, frames, rugs, beds LOL! But we decided to grab a catalog and bring it home and make out a "shopping list" and go back down in a couple of weekends and get what we really want. The stuff is like so cheap I could NOT believe it.

Anyway, I took my camera to Portland, but it didnt have a memory card in it....so, to no suprise, I have NO pics of the weekend. Which sucks because I got to meet my brand new 2nd cousin Ariana May, she is only 4 months old. And I got to meet my cousin Jessi's dogs, the two coolest greyhounds in the world!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

sounds like you had another great weekend in Portland!! I had fun at the beach this weekend to. See you tonight!

Carrie K said...

luuuuuuuuccccckkkkkyyyyyyyyy

i want that donut...and ikea stuff!!

good job on restraining yourself...lol

miss you!!