Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Did I mention that I got new shoes?

Finally!!!!

So its story time!

I wore the new shoes today to work. OMG so comfortable! I was springing and bouncing all over the place. One bummer was that I had to miss going to the walking park tonight because we had family dinner plans at La Palma. Dennis's dad came, and his sister and her family, all so we could have a big dinner with Nicole while she is here. So anyway, dinner was kinda a mess, the kids were fighting and it was really tense for some reason. I kinda ended up getting my feelings hurt too. So I decided since I didnt get to walk with my friends tonight, that I was gonna just walk home from the restaurant and get my work out that way. I even had my iPod and everything, so I left!

I felt a little silly, because I was afraid someone would see me in my work clothes, and packing a purse. You know, someone that knows me and would pull over to offer me a ride. But I just walked through town and got by the fairgrounds and decided to cut through, less chance that someone might see me. So anyway, I get almost all the way through and there is a fence! I walked almost the whole perimeter looking for a way out and finally came to an open gate and had to walk across the high school football practice field. I think it was about this time that the backs of my heels started to sting a little. I thought, wow, there is some rubbing going on back there. I still had about 1/2 way to go. By the time I got to the area of my neighborhood, my heels were killing me so bad. But what could I do? stop? take off my shoes? What? The pain slowed my pace down considerably. The last five blocks or so, I wasnt even walking. It was more of a hobble if anything! When I got home, the backs of my socks even had blood on them.

Why did my new shoes do this to me? How could they let me down like that? So now I dont know what I am going to do..... Do I use band-aids and try to stick it out until I break the new shoes in? Or do I return them and risk going for more months before finding another pair that I like?

3 comments:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

I am so sorry that your new shoes hurt you. Hope we can walk tonight!!

Carrie K said...

i say keep the shoes...it was a fluke and should be a lesson to you that too much walking is bad...very bad...

lol

Anonymous said...

where are the shoes' pictures??? WHERE????
C*