Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fathers Day @ Clear Lake

I know this post is about a month overdue...

We spent Fathers Day at Clear Lake, which is about 40 miles southwest of Sisters Oregon.

Dennis grew up going to Clear Lake often, and its one of his favorite places ever!! He's been dying to take me up there since we got together, but I have refused because of a few of the "minor" details he told me.

Deal breaker # 1: "we sleep in rustic cabins and take our own sleeping bags, and in the morning when we wake up we have to shake the dead spiders and bugs off of our blankets"

And this sounds like a good time why???

Deal breaker # 2: "when the sun starts to go down, we take a row boat out on the lake and bats fly around our heads"

Excuse me??

Yet, summer after summer came around and he would ask to take me to Clear Lake. Finally this year I said yes, under 2 condiions!!!

We would sleep in a MODERN cabin, and there would be NO viewing of the BATS!!!

We went for 3 whole nights, the cabin was awesome, and it was too cold for bats and bugs :)

The beautiful Lake...




There are about 100 row boats to rent...


Our boat for the weekend.... #4


Den and Harley fishing.... Harley usually leads in amount of fish caught.


A few pics of and around the cabin....














As I mentioned, the weather was unseasonably cold. I picked up this puzzle for $2 at a yard sale, and the lady swore to me that all the pieces were there. So I brought it along. I'm so glad that we had it!!! I get a little obsessed with jigsaw puzzles. I was so cozy in my MODERN cabin, putting together my puzzle while Dennis and the kids fished and rode bikes.



But they helped with the puzzle too. Everyone contributed.


After a while... everything starts looking like this...


And I got up extra early on the last day so I could finish it!! It was the hardest puzzle ever!!


Fathers Day weekend was a good one. We ate a TON of good food, caught some fishies, hung out around the puzzle, drank hot chocolate, and enjoyed our time together at this wonderful place.

And we can go back to Clear Lake anytime now....

1 comment:

Mitchell said...

No bats? sheesh whats the point then? I keep hearing that Harley is the fish master. Looks like a great place. Glad you had a good time.