Thursday, October 8, 2009

Meet Buttercup!

 
Posted by Picasa


Yes, the Kitchen-Aid arrived today!!! I have actually been having second thoughts about it. We went with the Professional. I always thought I would just get the little Artisan. But QVC was running a special on the Professional, so Dennis talked me into it. All this time I was thinking oh crap what did I do? Its too much for what I need. Its going to be too big. etc, etc.

But then, I pulled it out of the box, and it was perfect! Love at first sight! I was boiling potatos for dinner, so I thought hey, I will just stick them in and mashed them on up! It was AWESOME! Easiest potatos I have ever made.

I am so excited about the new level my baking is going to go. I absolutely love baking, especially this time of year. Last year I burned up 2 hand mixers making my Christmas cookies for my cookie plates. This year... not gonna happen!

I also bought some fall/halloween decorations today. This weekend the kids and I are going to decorate, and do some fall-ish stuff.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE the color!!!

My mom has the professional grade and I have the cheapo-grade. I'd say there's not a whole lot of difference...I mean, hers is more powerful but for what we do with them, you'd never know.

Do you plan to get any of the fancy schmancy attachments? My mom has the noodle maker one and it's awesome! I have the ice cream maker and it's the bomb (but takes up a LOT of space in the freezer).

Glad to see you took the plunge...and just think, you're never going to have to buy another mixer again!

Dawna said...

Congratulations! I've had my Kitchen Aid mixer for about 15 years (she's cobalt blue) and I don't think I could live without it. The whisk attachment is awesome for egg whites and whipping cream. I also have the pasta maker and grinder attachments... I don't use them often but when I do I love them! Have fun baking up a storm!!