Thursday, April 29, 2010

woot!

Woot!

That is what I say when I'm excited about something.

Most of the time I say "Woot!" in text messages, but sometimes I just say it out loud.

Woot!

I have been saying Woot! a lot tonight.

The reason for that, is because I finished Couch to 5K!

I finished! I finished a 9 week program designed to train me to run 3 miles.

I followed the program, pretty much to the T, and it worked!

When I set out to do this, I decided my running days would be Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

And for the last 9 weeks, I have not missed a single Sunday, Tuesday, or Thursday.

Oh... believe me! I have tried talking myself out of skipping a day, postponing a day, quitting early, etc.

But I didnt!!! I pressed on!!!

Woot!

I ran in the freezing cold, the gusting wind, some beautiful dewey mornings, and some warm humid evenings. Once during my run at the park, a rain storm came, and people ran to the their cars, but I kept running.

I ran at the river park mostly, but also around my neighborhood, and hotel treadmills. Last weekend I ran up to my church and back, and on the high school track a few times.

9 weeks ago I started the program, and I "wanted" to finish it. But I kinda told myself I probably wouldnt. I could barely run 1 minute.

I can run for 30 minutes now!

Woot!

What I have learned:

*I really can do things that I set my mind to
*I dont mind running alone
*I must have chapstick on, and lots of it
*I prefer to run in a baseball cap
*I rock a black Nike sweat suit
*I never get tired of the worship music playlist on my iPod
*It takes almost 10 minutes for me to get my shoes laced just right
*Stretching is absolutely necessary
*I think I actually "like" running
*Okay I am kinda obsessed with the idea of being a "runner"
*I need to do some strength training
*I have huge calves
*And the only reason I completed this "what i thought was impossible" program, was because I turned this over to The Lord. He gave me all I needed to keep moving along.

Woot!!!

What I have yet to learn:
*What to do with my car keys when I go to the park to run????

Thank you, friends, for all of your encouragement and support.

My next post will be about my experience at Bloomsday this weekend.

Spokane here I come!!!

WOOT!!!!!

3 comments:

Carrie K said...

sentimental me got a little teary here...im so freakin proud of you I cant STAND it :)

you are 100% inspiring to me girly!! and I love that you gave God the credit cause its so true :)

love you...

Dawna said...

I am so proud of you! You are amazing!!! As for the keys... take off just the key you need, loop your shoelace through it before tying them, and tuck the key under the crisscrossed laces at the top. Takes a second, but easier than carrying them. My friend Amy is a runner. Woot!!!

Mrs. G said...

Woot! Woot! We finished the race! Wasn't it fun?! I am so proud of you runner girl! It isn't easy to get out there and run and I know exactly what you mean about having to make yourself get up and go. I sometimes have to be mean to myself before I will actually get out of bed and go but I am always glad I did. I want to know what other races you will be running in this month!