Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'll take Potpouri for $500, Alex!

Just potpouri of updates:

* Still doing the running thing. Last thursday was the end of week 5, and I ran for 20 minutes with out taking a break! Can you say milestone?? I had been dreading week 5 day 2 for, well... about 5 weeks! I knew that 20 minutes run was coming. I guess all along I just thought to myself that will be the day I quit the program. How could I possibly run for 20 minutes w/o stopping, when just 5 weeks ago I could barely run for 1 minute?! Well.... I did do it! I prayed a lot before my run. I always pray before my runs, but this particular day, I prayed extra. The strength I received that day... indescribable! And today, one week later, I ran for 25 minutes! I have completed 6 weeks of this 9 week program, and I dont see any sign of quitting now.

* Easter was great. My mom came down and stayed the weekend with us. This was huge! My mom hates Hermiston, and she hasnt been back here in about 9 years. She's going through some awful stuff right now, so it was nice for her to take a break and spend it with us. I sooo enjoyed having her here. I made her my special cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We cooked a big ham dinner together, and had fresh strawberry shortcake for dessert. We took her for a drive around town so she could see how much it has changed ( or not, lol ). After dinner we went down to the park where I run and took a nice walk. Her and Harley dyed Easter eggs, and we watched The Blindside. It was awesome quality family time. It was hard letting her go on Sunday. My mom needs a lot of prayers for some positive strength in her life right now. No one imagines they will have to start over at age 50. My mom is beautiful, intelligent, and talented, so I know she will be fine, but I still worry.

* Bubba has a birthday coming up! We are taking him out for ribs this weekend. Next weekend we will be staying a couple nights up in Kennewick at the Little People of America Convention. We love taking the kids to the conventions, they are totally stoked!!

* I have been roasting brusselsprouts for dinner, and they are the bomb! I ate a little too much "bad stuff" over Easter weekend, but I am back on track. I look forward to eating roasted brusselsprouts at night! lol! You must try them yourself! Get out there and get some fresh ones, chop the suckers in half lengthwise, toss in a bowl with EVOO and salt n pepper. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes. Even if you "think" you dont like brusselprouts.. you gotta try them. Roasting them completely changes the flavor.

* I am having a yardsale on April 24th. My house is a little tore up right now, as I go room by room digging out treasures to sell. I love yardsale season! I need to make room for more treasures of my own.

Okay I am all out of potpouri for the night... smooches.

3 comments:

Carrie K said...

i love your potpourri...it makes me giggle :)

Lisa said...

congrats on the 20 + 5 minute milestone!!!!!

i'll be praying for your mom...and i'm so glad you were able to enjoy some time with her.

ps- i can't wait for your yard sale ;)

Milt Reynolds said...

Mightily impressed with the running update. I've been trying to exercise more...the one thing I've found that I'm at least halfway willing to try to keep up is the treadmill...once I turn it on I have to keep up with it. I've been trying the "Couch to 5k" running plan (http://www.coolrunning.com)...still on "Week 1", jog one minute, walk 90 seconds, and repeat for 20 minutes. Your running for 20 minutes solid is my goal! Keep it up!